This blog post is a continuation of what I wrote last year so if you haven't yet read it, you can check it out here. I have since learned a few more lessons:
1. Keep your inner child alive.
2. Be the person you seek in others.
3. When you feel the need to go inwards, don't resist, God is trying to show you something.
4. Putting people on a pedestal is the quickest way to set yourself up for disappointment - it's unfair on them because they had no say in it and also no human is infallible.
5. There is value in making mistakes.
6. What you feed your mind, body, and soul shapes your outlook on life.
7. Most people are doing the best they can with what they were taught- try not to judge.
8. Learn to enjoy the present.
9. Forgive yourself first and then forgive them to set yourself free/ forgiveness doesn't require a reconciliation
10. Depression doesn't discriminate
11. Unlearning is just as important as learning.
12. Be thankful for the gift of optimism
What lessons have you learned so far?