There's nothing worse than not being able to get a good nights sleep so imagine this being the case every night, a nightmare, right? Insomnia can be caused by numerous factors such as: medical conditions, unhealthy sleeping habits, substance abuse and psychiatric conditions. To get rid of it completely your going to have to get to the root cause of it and make the necessary changes in your life.
Here are a few natural ways to cure your insomnia:
1. Valerian. A few years ago when i was suffering from insomnia, i was recommended valerian from a shop assistant in a herbal shop and when i tell you how i fell into the deepest slumber within 20 minutes of taking it.. my god, valerian is one powerful herb lol.
2. Lavender oil spray. Lavender is an effective natural relaxant that can ease not only insomnia but also anxiety. I used to use the boots lavender spray until they changed their formula which is not as effective as it previously was but thankfully Holland and Barrett have their own and it's just as great. Spray your pillow a few minutes before retiring for bed and expect to have the most beautiful sleep.
3. Magnesium. How is your diet looking these days? did you know magnesium defiency can cause insomnia? incorporate foods high in magnesium such as: Bananas, almonds, spinach, avocado, figs to name a few. Alternatively you can pop to your local health shop and get it in tablet form.
4. Meditation. I've previously spoken about my love for meditation and the effects it has on the mind and body so, if you haven't already read that blog post, make sure you do so and let me know how you get on.
5. Accupuncture. I know a lot of you are going to be turned off by this but it has helped a few people i know and plus there's no side effects so it's definetly worth a try.
Know any other tips to beat insomnia? share them below...