As you've noticed by now self care is really important to me so i thought i'd compile a list of ideas for those of you that are trying to practice self care or even those that want to switch up their routine. You can practice self care any day of the week but i know most of us use sunday to really recharge ourselves for the upcoming week.
1. Pamper yourself. Take a long candle lit bath, get a mani/ pedi, get a massage, get a facial or even a new hair style. Do whatever you need to do to feel beautiful. How you feel about yourself inside will show up in how you treat people.
2. Solo Date. Sometimes in order to really recharge our batteries we need uninterrupted alone time. Spend a day by yourself. Put your phone on airplane mode, step away from the laptop and make time for yourself. Take yourself on a date to a restaurant, art gallery, cinema, etc. Don't feel guilty for saying no to others, you're saying yes to yourself and this is more important. In order to give to others without feeling drained, we must first give to ourselves. Are you meeting your needs?
3. Journal. Journaling is a great way to express your emotions. Take pen to paper and release any pent-up frustration.
4. Make sure you're getting your basic needs. Try not to allow yourself to get so busy to the point where you're not getting adequate amounts of sleep, not eating healthy or exercising regularly as they can have a bad impact on your emotional health. Meal prepping, having set days to work out and limiting late nights can really solve this problem so make the necessary changes.
5. Learn a new skill. What new skill have you been meaning to learn? no time like the present ay?!
6. Work on your hobbies and passions. What are your hobbies? if you don't have any, start experimenting with whatever peaks your interest. The only way you'll know if you like something is by experimenting with it.
Self-care isn't a one-time thing, you need to maintain it just like you would anything else. So have set days for this to ensure you don't fall off.
What does self-care look like to you? let me know your self-care ritual below