As you know by now i love fashion so today i want to share wardrobe essentials that i think every woman should own.
1. Pencil skirt. Okay, I'm sure everyone will agree that a good quality pencil skirt is essential. It easy to take from day to night with a few accessories and a quick change of blouse and footwear.
2. Leather jacket. The leather jacket has the ability to make even the most basic outfit look edgy. Invest in a good leather jacket and it can last you years. Try vintage shops like Rokit for great quality leather jackets that you wont see anywhere else.
3. Turtleneck Jumper. I know some people hate turtleneck jumpers, but I absolutely love them! they're basically a jumper and scarf in one lol can't survive in winter without one.
4. Satin blouse. When it's time to go on a date, you know you better reach for that satin blouse, girl. Satin on glowy skin? he'll be putty in ya hands for sure lol.
5. Little black dress. Now, I know you guys have a couple of these in your wardrobes. These are definitely the go-to when you're running late and have no idea what to wear for a date. Easy to slip on and off- perfect.
6. A good pair of jeans. My god, there really is nothing like a good pair of jeans! when you find them, you know you need to buy in bulk cus you don't know how long they're gonna be in stock. I love how there are so many different types of jeans to cater for each mood: skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans etc. I also believe leather jeans are a must too, perfect for an edgy look.
7. Suede Jacket. As someone who is big on texture, I love the look and feel of suede and tend to find some way of incorporating it into an outfit if I can. Suede will never go out of style, it's forever.
8. Aviator Jacket. There truly is something about an aviator jacket that can take the most basic outfit from boring to bouji in a matter of seconds. Add some sunglasses and nobody can tell you a damn thing!
9. Trouser Suit. A bold coloured trouser suit is everything! you'll have to have a lot confidence to wear this but if you don't, it's ok you can work on it and wear it when you do. Buy one in the colour that flatters you most, you've got to own it and that start's with you feeling comfortable. And because the trouser suit is grabbing all of the attention, you'll want to make sure you tone it down with your accessories. less is more with this look.
10. White Shirt. Whether you have somewhere important to go or if you're just going for a casual look, the crisp white shirt is a staple. They are so many outfits you can do with this simple item you just have to be creative.
11. Jumpsuit/Playsuit. You can never go wrong with an all in one! for a night out, just pair it with some stunning heels, a bag, accessories and you're good to go. And for a daytime look, less is more- hoop earrings, cute heels and bag= on the money!
12. Denim Jacket. Perfect for those nice spring/summer days when the weather is just in between, you know you can always depend on the trusty denim jacket. Another thing i love about them, is that you can always find some that are inexpensive but look great (primark)
13. Faux Fur Coat/Jacket. When i see a fur coat the first person i think of is lil kim, she owned them, they didn't own her. While i only buy faux fur coats i still feel expensive and the coats look it too. Go to vintage shops where quality is high and you are spoilt for choice.
What are your wardrobe essentials? Share your thoughts below...