In a world where negativity dominates, one of the most powerful and most selfless things we can do is to empower others. For the most part, people are selfish and will only invest if they can see themselves gaining from it. But to empower others requires you to curb your ego and put others before you.
No man is an island, we all need each other in life. To empower one, empowers all collectively. The domino effect. Here are 5 easy ways to empower others.
1. Nurture talent in others. If you come across untapped potential in others, point it out to them and if you can, connect them to someone that can help nurture it. Some people are not even aware of how talented they are but if it's obvious to you why keep it to yourself?
2. Encourage more, criticise less. Let people know it's ok to make mistakes and that to make mistakes is a natural part of learning. To criticise will only encourage resistance to try new things: Always bear in mind that everything you do to others has the ability to affect their self-esteem.
3. Show appreciation. Vocalise your love for others, give them your time and attention wholeheartedly, don't rely on lazy excuses thinking they ought to know without actually letting them know.
4. Donate money to charity/ raise money. I recommend that you do your research beforehand but if you're able, donate to a charity of your choice. Think of those less fortunate than yourself and see how you can help.
5. Support others. If you're a fan of someone's work find ways you can support them, whether it be by purchasing their work or sharing it with others. Where would anyone be without support? Remember, a little goes a long way.