If you follow me on twitter this post would be no surprise to you as i did tweet a few days ago promising to blog about this delicious soup i made. It's been a while since i last blogged about food and the weather changed quite a lot since then, with it being so cold what better way is there then to warm up yourself with some butternut squash, red pepper and sweet potato soup!
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
half of a medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 medium parsnips, peeled and cube
half of a red sweet chilli pepper
2 cups of stock (plus more water if needed)
sea salt, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste
paprika, to taste
1. In a big pot, add olive oil and onions and cook on medium to high heat until translucent.
2. Add butternut squash, sweet potatoes, parsnips and red sweet chilli pepper
3. Add stock (and more water to cover veg) bring to a boil. Once it's boiling, lower heat and add salt, cayenne pepper and paprika and simmer until all veg is tender.
4. Turn off heat and allow soup to cool
5. Add to blender and puree it
6. Return to pot, warm and serve.